Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ontem 'tava em Colorado, hoje 'tou em Tennessee e amanha estará em Virgínia

So I hike, and I enjoy it. I love it. I makes me happy. And I love people who hike as well. They're my people. 
I went on my first backpacking trip up in the Uinta mountains with my family when I was twelve and it was there I fell in love with long-distance walking. Six years ago I walked the last hundred miles of the Appalachian Trail in Maine with my mom and sister and it was then I fell in love with the AT. Two years ago I read the book A Walk In The Woods and it was then that I determined that I too must walk the AT. One year ago I started with my first section of the trail, walking over 450 miles from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Damascus, Virginia in 29 days. This year, as in tomorrow, I will start the second section of my walk through Appalachia. I plan to walk from Virginia, where I left off, to West Virginia. 
Stay tuned for updates, pictures, stories and details about my ongoing love affair with the Appalachian Trail. It promises to be a grand adventure, as per usual. 

No comments: