How to get a job--a six step process:
1. Complain about not having a real job.
2. Apply to every job you can think of.
3. Apply to the jobs you never thought of but eventually did because you already applied to all the other jobs you thought of first (like over 70).
4. Complain some more about not having a real job or having any interviews.
5. Write a blog post venting your frustrations with not having a real job.
6. Apply to a completely random job someone told you about at a clinical research facility, get a call back the next day, an interview the next day and a job offer for a full-time position the next day.
Done and done.
Bottom line: I have a real job. I start on Monday. It only took 3 months of solid complaining and a lot a lot a lot of hard work.
There's hope for me after all.
Monday, October 17, 2011
I need a job desperately. I have a part-time nanny job, and let me tell you: nannying in Utah sucks because Utah parents are CHEAP and they want all the advantages of an experienced nanny for the hourly price of what they pay the 12 yr old young woman in their ward to watch their kids on date night. I mean, taking care of children is great. Kids are GREAT. But when the compensation is such that it hardly pays your bills then it is not worth it.
So that brings me back to the fact that I need a job desperately. I'm a young, college grad. Should be pretty easy right? Wrong. In the past month, I have EASILY applied for OVER 60 jobs. Would you like to know how many call-backs I have received? One. Out of 60.
I shouldn't be complaining right? I have a job right? Wrong. I am a COLLEGE GRAD. WHERE ARE ALL THOSE DAMNED BLESSINGS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO FLOW FOR BEING A GRADUATE OF THE LORDS UNIVERSITY. WASN'T THAT IN THE DEAL SOMEWHERE???
Sorry, I am just a little (very) frustrated. You see, I live with my parents (Living with parents can be cool for like a month or two. Read: FREE RENT. But after almost a year back home with the parental units, I am going a little bonkers. Think: I've been living 'on my own' for a while now. I want to be an adult. Living with my parents makes me feel like I am a teenager again. Plus, I want to not be living surrounded by all the boxes of "on my own" stuff that I've accumulated over the years. i.e. Pots, pans, towels, sheets, blankets, etc). I am currently going to school to be a midwife (Cool right, except for those nasty payments that get charged to my credit card every month). I work 20 hours a week that BARELY pays for my schooling, let alone gas and other expenses (And gives me no incentive to love my life).
I just want to have a job. I want to live on my own again. I want to be able to pay for my life.
Please give me an awesome job. Please QUALIFY ME FOR SUCH A JOB. Such is the plea of my generation.