Sunday, August 12, 2012

tenho uma obsessão

I have an obsession. I got home almost 2 months ago from the Appalachian Trail. I hiked just under 500 miles of the 2200 mile trail.
I plan on going back on trail next May.
And IT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT.
No really. (T-9 months!!)
I feel as if I'm in the infatuation stage of a new relationship. I'm waiting for things to die down and for me to not get butterflies in my stomach every time I think about the AT. Every time--butterflies. What does it mean?
I think in ounces now. It's important to me. The lightest my pack was was 30 lbs. (fully loaded--water, food, etc), and I'm trying to shave about 10 lbs. off. Reduced pack weight will help me hike better.
I also have to revise my food. I ate REALLY well on trail. I constantly carried way too much food with me. I could probably cut out a 1/3-1/2 of the food I carried with me. I need to eat a lot more rice and beans. Seriously. Gods gift to men. And so help me if I have to eat another piece of beef jerky or just-add-water hummus. More Cliff Bars!
I realize this of no interest to anyone who would read my bloggy blog, but it's seriously something that I haven't been able to get out of my head. I had to get it out.
I just want to drink water from a rock again.



No comments: