Wednesday, July 18, 2007

a brick of a phone that will be no good come september

1. Mischief
Causing mischief and mayhem is something I enjoy. I try to stay away from that which might hurt or offend, but sometimes it's something I can not avoid. Current mischief is definitely entertaining and ongoing.
2. Late Nights
Average bedtime is 2:30. I need to change that, but I have decided that this is MY summer, so giving up a good time in exchange for some sleep is NOT an option for me. I have my whole life to catch up on sleep.
3. Birthdays
The day I am defined by is coming up soon. I can not wait. I also can not believe that I'll be the age I will be. What that means is I'll be old. OLD. It's a landmark age. 12, 14, 16, 18, 21. I have never liked landmark ages. Reasons for being is that I'm not a fan of even numbers. Odd ones always do it for me. Hopefully this one will.
4. Roommates
I do my dishes, and I don't leave my crap around the house. Enough said.
5. Bands
I never before have claimed membership in a band before now. This one rocks. Literally. Ask me about our shows; you can come, and you can rock too.
6. Missions
I've decided to put aside 1 1/2 years of my life and serve a mission for my church. I'm filling out my papers, and slowly but surely I'll have most of my medical responsibilities taken care of. I feel so right about this decision. It's a little bit scary. I'll be set back in my studies a little bit. I'll come back and have 1 friend. But who cares:
When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead and extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. Jacques-Yves Cousteau

My sweet brother is on a mission right now in Campinas, Brazil. Travis just left on his mission to Budapest, Hungary. My Grandma is in Asuncion, Paraguay. I think I'm going to go crazy with anticipation waiting to find out where I will be called to serve.

1 comment:

sara said...

false- you'll have two friends.
i'll definitely still be in provo.
count me in.